Pages

Tuesday 2 June 2015

Promises to my son.








I promise to always be your safe place. To be the person you can run to, no matter of the time or circumstance. I promise to be there waiting with a hug, a smile and listening ear. 


I promise to teach you all that I know and I promise never to forget that you teach me every day too. 

I promise to be the one who guides you but never the person who holds you down. 

I promise to answer all of your questions and I promise to to educate myself when I don't know the answers. 

I promise to hold you when you need to be held and to give you space when you need your space.

I promise to raise you as a gentleman, to be kind, to be compassionate and to be respectful. 

I promise to always make time for family time. Life will wait, you will not. 

I promise to support and protect you as you grow as much as I did when I carried you and to be your strength when you feel weak. 

I promise to be there and to never let you down. Ever. 

I promise to save you a few years from now when your dad is forcing you to watch Jamie Oliver and telling you that you're his new sous chef. (Unless of course you're gonna be Into that stuff too). 

I promise to do your homework and read with you everyday. No matter what else needs to be done.

I promise to listen, to take in all of you and to always be your friend. 

And finally, I promise to love you. I promise to love whoever you are or will become. You are my son, my light, my little love. 


"On the night you were born the moon smiled with such wonder and the stars peeked in to see you and the night wind whispered, "life will never be the same." Because there had never been anyone like you ever in the world. So enchanted with you were the rain and wind that they whispered the sound of your wonderful name. Heaven blew every trumpet and played every horn on the wonderful, marvellous night you were born"

No comments:

Post a Comment