Pages

Wednesday 18 November 2015

9 Month Update


I'm really behind this time (he was actually 10 months a week ago, oops) but I'm kinda okay with it. I mean, come on, it's Christmas time and I'm a working mama, things get in the way sometimes but I'm here, fighting through sleep deprivation and wisdom teeth pain that makes me wanna take pliers to my own mouth, to reflect on another perfect month with my perfect prince. 


Routine 
Now last month I reported that little Mr.Bowes had started to sleep through the night. This was blissful but very short lived. I think he's been thrown off course slightly this month as a few things have a thrown a spanner in the works. Firstly, Theodore had his first bout of illness and he found it very hard to shift. He had a double ear infection, throat infection and chest infection. He was put on antibiotics but still was no better after the course was up and mummas intuition told me he needed more help, took him back to the doctors and he was given a different course of antibiotics and also an inhaler. The inhaler made a huge difference and unlike most children, he found the spacer to be bundles of fun and took the inhaler happily much to my relief. This well and truly messed up his sleeping routine, he became very clingy, he's a clingy baby anyway (which I love) but this was on another level of cling. He would cry the most heartbroken cry if I moved a smudge out of his arms reach and if I even dared to jump the safety gate to grab a drink or a snack, it was like his world has ended. This extended to bed time and being in his cot was too distressing for him so we did a lot of cosleeping while he was ill. He is now back in his cot but teething is hitting him hard and so he is usually cuddled in bed with me by around 3/4am. Tom was away for around 3 weeks last month and Teddy missed him lots, he would wake up each morning and go over to his dad's slippers and saying "dada" and when he came home, teddy was over the moon, showering him with kisses and cuddles. Otherwise his routine is pretty much the same, he has 2/3 naps a day usually and enjoying spending time with nanny while I am at work. He has actually begun to drop a few milk feeds, going from feeding 2 hourly during the day to having around 4 feeds during the day and then whenever he wakes in the night. 


Weight
Theodore was weighed in the last week of October and he weighed 22lb5oz. This was an 8oz gain in 6 weeks. This is a lot less than his usual gain but he should be starting to slow down now on gaining now and with him being ill, I definitely wasn't surprised as his appetite just went away for the whole time he was poorly. He dipped slightly on the centile line (now just below the 91st) but that's fine by me, I don't really put much importance on the centiles anyway. The health visitor was astounded at everything he could do and kept calling people over to see him and when he waved bye bye to her I think she fell in love. He's such a sociable boy (no idea where he gets that from because I avoid everyone. Small talk is the worst). 

Milestones

- Teddy has been babbling words for a long time but he now definitely says mama and dad with meaning! New words he has began to try and copy are: car (ca), cats (tsssss) and ta (ahhhh).

- Tantrums are in full swing, Theodore will arch his back, lay on the floor and cry and kick his legs if you try and make him do something he doesn't want to (like getting dressed) or takes something away that he shouldn't have (like carrier bags or someone's shoes). Personally I find them hilarious so I have to look away so he can't see me laughing, however, I definitely don't give in. 

- Teddy enjoyed his first Halloween! He went trick or treating with me, daddy, nanny and Aunty Mollie and he was dressed as a triceratops. He also played Apple bobbing at nanny's except his didn't bob as such, he just took apples from the bowl and ate them. 

- He also now points to things he wants all the time. He'll get your attention and then point to what he needs/wants. It's way too cute. 









 

No comments:

Post a Comment