Pages

Wednesday 7 January 2015

Bump Update

So as of today, I am officially overdue! I am 40 weeks and 1 day pregnant now and willing my little boy to arrive. Everyone knows that their due date is not a set date and is but a guess, however, there's some sadness that comes with it passing by. We have looked to that date for so many months and to see it pass makes everything feel uncertain. Each day is now a waiting game and time is no longer flying by. Decided to do this little pregnancy update questionnaire/tag to pass some time whilst I bounce up and down on my birthing ball and hope for any sort of sign..


How far along? I am 40 weeks and 1 day!

Maternity clothes: Of course! I love in dresses and although most still fit me, my normal ones are far too short now bump pulls them up so maternity dresses offer me the extra length. ASOS maternity has been my best friend throughout my pregnancy.

Stretch marks: I've been very lucky and inherited my mums genes which has meant that I have very little stretch marks. I have one small patch of little and thin lines about 1cm tall on my left side, closer to my bum than bump! Bump has, so far, got none at all!

Sleep: Sleep has been very hard in the past 2 weeks. Baby is very low down and I feel like my bladder goes into overdrive during the nighttime. This, alongside the heartburn and being very uncomfortable is not equalling a good night sleep form Chloe but I guess it is all good practice for when baby arrives.

Best moment this week: Definitely yesterday, Baby Bowes had been very quiet for a few days which meant a trip to hospital for me and Tom on Sunday, yesterday however he was back to his very active little self. It was lovely to see him stick his little feet out for me to poke and tickle again. 

Miss anything? I do miss feeling the lovely little kicks and slight movements from the months gone by. I loved every single one, they were so delicate and slight and made me feel so protective of my little boy but now his kicks make me feel like he can definitely look after himself! He's not so delicate anymore, little bruiser! 

Movement: We've had an up and down week with movements but little one is back to his feisty self and is moving away. 

Food cravings: Lately I've been craving chewy things, like chewy sweets and also hot chocolates with lots of cream.

Anything making you queasy or sick? I start to feel quite nauseous if I don't go to bed as soon as my body wants to, it makes me quite light headed. 

Gender: We have known since 16 weeks 4 days gestation that we are having a little BOY! 

Labour signs: I have had some lower back ache, cramping and lots of pressure. I had a show last week and I am 2cm dilated and fully effaced. Baby Bowes just does not want to arrive yet!

Symptoms: Heartburn! And lots of it.

Belly button in or out? It's right on the surface so it's no longer in but it's not quite out. It's more in line with my bump so I'd say it's flat.

Wedding rings on or off? Off! We are happy living as boyfriend and girlfriend for now! We are taking life one adventure at a time and right now, our little one is our greatest adventure.

Happy or moody most of the time: Happy! I never stay moody for long.

Looking forward to: Meeting my little boy!

No comments:

Post a Comment